When you're following a strict diet or certain ingredients don't agree with your digestive system, satisfying snacks are one of the first things to go.
This week, we decided to help you reclaim your snacking with a simple almond meal cracker recipe. And because we're Activated Nutrients, we threw in a teaspoon of our Daily Superfood to sneak some extra nutrients into snack time.
Most of our recipes our vegan, but we really needed the egg to keep these crackers together. Vegan friends, check out our other recipes - plenty in there for you to try!
Sneaky Superfood Crackers
Rolling pin (if you don’t have one, just use a bottle or you can press it out by hand; the finished crackers just won’t be as tidy)
2 cups almond meal
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Daily Superfood
½ teaspoon dried herb of choice (we like thyme)
1. Preheat oven to 180C and mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined
2. Get out a sheet of baking paper about the size of your baking tray and plop the dough onto it
3. For the dough into a ball then place another sheet of baking paper on top of it
4. Roll it out to about 5mm thickness then peel the top sheet of baking paper off and carefully lift the bottom sheet with the rolled-out dough onto the baking tray
5. Use a knife to cut a grid into the sheet of dough (do whatever size cracker you want)
6. Slide the tray into the oven and bake for 15 minutes
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then break apart at the sliced points and serve with cheese, peanut butter, chutney or whatever you fancy!