RAW CACAO SUPERFOOD SANDWICH COOKIE // Recipe by Amy Lee Active
Originally published on Amy Lee Active.
Raw Cacao Cookie Sandwiches made with all natural, wholesome ingredients and packed full of protein. They’re the perfect portable snack to take with you on the go, boosted with the goodness of Activated Nutrients Daily Superfood Powder, which provides all essential nutrients, prebiotics and probiotics.
Raw Cacao Superfood Cookie Sandwich
makes 10 cookies
- 3/4 cup almond meal (120g)
- 1/4 cup protein powder (I use Activated Nutrients Daily Protein Cacao)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (25g)
- 6 fresh dates (100g)
- 1/4 cup brazil nuts (40g)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, melted (40g)
- 1 tbsp Activated Nutrients Daily Superfood (12g)
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut (60g)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (120ml)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil 12g
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (12g)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Place protein, almond meal, cacao, dates, brazil nuts, vanilla and melted chocolate in a food processor and process until combined and the mixture clumps together. Roll out between two sheets of non-stick baking paper to 4mm thick. Freeze for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out 20 rounds, re rolling if necessary. Freeze for 10 minutes until firm.
- To make the coconut filling: place the superfood powder, coconut, coconut milk, coconut oil and maple syrup in a blender and blend until well combined.
- Spoon filling over half of the cookies then sandwich with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set