PROTEIN BOOSTED PANCAKES!
If you find it hard to get enough protein in your diet, try slipping our Daily Protein Powder into these tasty pancakes! Great for the whole family and super easy, you'll want to make them every weekend!
Activated Nutrients Protein-Filled Pancakes!
Makes 6-8 small pancakes
- 1 Cup organic self-raising wholemeal or organic self-raising white flour
- 1 Scoop Activated Nutrients Vanilla Bean Daily Protein powder
- ½ Teaspoon of baking powder (optional - this makes the pancakes extra fluffy)
- ⅓ Cup sweetener of choice (we used Stevia)
- 2 x Organic eggs (or ¼ mashed banana for vegan option)
- 1 ⅓ Cup of your milk of choice (We use Almond)
- 1 Tablespoon oil of choice (butter, olive oil or coconut oil will do the trick)
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the centre
- Add eggs (or banana substitute) and milk
- Whisk until all ingredients are combined - the mixture should be smooth and not too runny (add a shake of flour if it’s too runny or a dash of milk if the batter is too stiff)
- Heat oil on medium to high heat in a frying pan
- Add a couple of large tablespoon of batter to the pan to create your pancake. When bubbles form and begin to pop on the surface of your pancake it’s time to flip! The other side will take just a minute to brown up!
Our fave toppings:
- A tablespoon of organic natural yoghurt with a drizzle of honey and a handful of berries
- Stewed apples topped with a tablespoon of toasted muesli
- Chopped banana, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dash of maple syrup.